5 Tips for Selling a Home in 2021
Even in a seller's market, homeowners should use these tips to get top dollar for their properties!
1. Curb Appeal - First impressions matter when it comes to selling a home. Spruce up the front of your home a bit. Things like picking weeds, laying mulch, painting your front door, or adding color to your landscaping could help make the best first impression on potential buyers.
2. Light Bulbs for Appearance - If your home has somewhat of a dark and gloomy look, you may want to change out some light bulbs. Try to brighten your living spaces, bathrooms, and kitchen with daylight bulbs. Concerned about the intensity of daylight bulbs? Installing dimmers is an easy solution!
3. Neutralize Paint - There are buyers who can't get past paint colors when looking at homes for sale. Some paint colors also have an effect on how light reflects in a room. Removing your personal touch of color could potentially increase the activity of showings when your home gets listed. You can't go wrong with grey or a shade of white.
4. Tidy Up - Try to make your home feel clean and inviting for potential buyers. If you have a ton of stuff on your kitchen counters, mail on tabletops, blankets on couches, or anything of that nature - put them away.
5. Fix the small things - Do you have any leaks under your sinks? Loose doorknobs or hinges? Broken waterhose spigot? Broken window? Bad outlet? Try to get these things taken care of before putting your home on the market because they will come up during inspections. In my opinion, it's better to get these things taken care of beforehand to help make the process even better.
It's that easy. There is no need to spend a ton of money on a renovation just to turn around and sell your home. 9 times out of 10 what you spend on that renovation doesn't improve your home's value by that amount. It's not a bad idea to sell your home, use your home's equity and buy the dream home you've always wanted.