Tips for Preparing Your Home to Sell
Check out the list below if you're looking for a starting point to prep your house for the market.
1. Your home's curb appeal shouldn't be overlooked if you want top dollar for your home. Considering doing a few of the items listed below.
- Driveway & Walkways Clean & Clear of
- Place flower pots and a welcome mat on your front porch
- Keep your lawn mowed
- Pull weeds
- Trim hedges
- Remove Cobwebs
- Wash Windows
- Powerwash and stain deck, if needed
2. Are there any general repairs that you know need to be completed before putting your home on the market? Check out some examples below.
- Burnt-out light bulbs on the inside and outside of your home.
- Leaky faucets or hose spigots
- Doors or doorknobs that don't function properly
- Recaulk around floorboards, window trim, showers, and sinks to make things look tidy
3. This tip is likely something that will need to be done weekly, maybe daily. Declutter.
- Living Room
- Put away your mail, blankets, coats, shoes, etc
- Make pillows/cushions look presentable
- Vacuum / Dust
- Put away hygiene products
- Clean your showers, sinks, and mirrors
- Mop your floors
- Keep the beds made daily
- Air freshen teenage rooms
- Put away clothes and shoes
- Lock away valuables
- An abundance of toys? Put in storage if possible, or closet if necessary
None of the tasks on the lists above are MUST-DOs, but they are things that will likely increase the chances of you making the best first impression on potential buyers. We hope this helps get you started in the right direction. To get the complete guide, click the image below.